Dessert Recipes - Strawberry and rhubarb cobbler
- Women`s Corner
- February 13, 2023
Try this Italian strawberry and rhubarb cobbler, it's to die for! This super easy dessert is light on ingredients and easy to make, just add cream!
- 400g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 500g rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3/4 firmly packed cup (170g) brown sugar
- 21/2 tbs cornflour
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Pure (thin) cream, to serve
You can read Garlic Sauteed Shrimp
- 3 cups (450g) self-raising flour
- 110g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/3 firmly packed cup (80g) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Combine the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, cornflour, vanilla pod and seeds, and orange zest and juice in a 20cm x 30cm ovenproof dish and set aside for 30 minutes to soften.
You can read Cherry Gorgonzola Salad
2. For the topping, place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz until smooth. Remove vanilla pod from strawberry mixture, then dollop the batter over the fruit.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and cooked through. Cool slightly. Serve cobbler with cream.
This recipe is taken from https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/